The Top 5 Common Mistakes on a Long Motorcycle Trip – How to avoid it?
Long Motorcycle Trip – Top 5 common mistakes – How to avoid it?
Did you plan your long motorcycle trip? Are you sure that you took the right decisions? In this video I will talks about the top 5 common mistakes most of the riders make. I will also tell you few easy tips to avoid it.
So guys, it doesn’t matter how good rider you are, how many km you have, if you never been on the long trip you will make some of these mistakes.
1. Mistake N: 1 – Wrong motorcycle.
It is very important to have the right bike. What that’s mean? How to choose the one for you? I will try to explain:
– Don’t lessen what the people will said. Don’t trust anyone about the type of the motorcycle you should have on the long trip. If you ask ten people, you will probably receive ten different opinions and what is the funny is that they all will be right. Is that possible? Of course it is.
– Only you know, how fast you ride, how many km per day you will have and where exactly you will go. So, if we follow this logic, only you can choose the right bike. What you have to do is to learn something about the area you are going. Find all possible information. Terrains, roads, elevations, weather conditions and many more. I told you this many times, but I will tell you again – the preparation is the key of success. Make your homework and you will be happy after that.
– To go on long trip in Siberia “road of bones” for example with GS 1200 is not the right decision. The last thing you going to need on such a trip is a heavy bike.
– On the other hand to ride on the iron boot competition (1,000miles per day on the highway) with Suzuki DR 400 will be really enthusiastic adventure.
– In both cases you will make a terrible mistake.
2. Mistake N: 2 – Wrong gear choice.
I have seen many riders keep making the same mistakes. To go on the long trip, with leather suit is not going to be the right choice. It will work, but not every day, not in all conditions.
3. Mistake N: 3 – Too much weight.
Most of you guys take way too much. To have already have bike 200-250 kg and to load more 50 on the top it’s not something I will ever do. The weight is always matter. Specially if you have plans to ride off road.
4. Mistake N: 4 – Planed too many or to little km per day.
In the first scenario you have to ride too long and you can’t really enjoy the trip. In the second you will travel too slow and will need more time. In both case the result is not going to be what you expect.
The best way to learn about your possibilities is to practice. Start with simple day or two trips, they will show how to do it in the future. Once you know your riding stile will be time to open the map and do it properly. Always plan a little less then you can actually ride.
5. Mistake N: 5 – To try to ride and work at the same time.
The idea is to ride all day and later in the evening to try to work on the computer or the telephone and keep the business in good order. I have tried this couple of times. Every night when we stopped my friend was relaxing, drinking beers looking around, but I have to stay online, trying to solve all existing problems, to answer all e-mails and so on. The result was a big mess, which one was very difficult to fix later. Do not even try, it is not working! If you can’t leave the business alone, don’t go on the trip or find somebody to replace you. Only then you can really enjoy the journey.
Motorcycle gear, recommend from me, you can see in
my website: http://rtw-adventures.com/moto-gear-1…
G +: https://plus.google.com/1144137689826…